The following local contraindications will not prevent treatment but your therapist will avoid the contraindicated area:
Please seek medical advice prior to booking a Gel nail treatment if you have any of the following. Medical permission in writing would need to be obtained:
- Undiagnosed lumps and swellings
Please do not book for a Gel nail treatment if you currently have any of the following:
- Infectious skin diseases (Impetigo, Scabies, Chicken Pox or Mumps)
- Broken bones
- Fungal Nail Infections
- Paronychia (whitlow)
PRE TREATMENT ADVICE
- If you currently have Gel polish on please ensure you book a Gel removal or have the Gel polish removed prior to your appointment.
- Always remove your Gel polish properly. The Jessica Gel removal home kit is available to purchase in salon or we also offer a nail removal service.
- Do NOT pick or peel the gel as this can damage the natural nail.
- Avoid heat such as a bath, shower, sauna, steam room or even hot ovens for 4 hours after your treatment.
- Wear gloves when washing up or cleaning
- Do not file your nails in between appointments as this will break the seal of the gel and can lead to lifting.
- Apply Jessica Phenomen Oil once or twice a day to the cuticles to prolong the life of your Gels.
- Do not use your nails as tools, this will lead to chips and breaks
- If you have any problems with your treatment please contact us.